Manure or Maneuver?


       “Honey, I had an accident. I am on the shoulder of I-435, waiting for the police.”
       “Oh, no! How did it happen?!” My husband’s voice is full of concern. “Are you OK?”
       “My neck hurts, but I think I am fine.”
       “What happened?”

       “I know what you would think because I hit a car from the back. That was not my fault. For twenty-five minutes, I drove behind that very same car before it suddenly started coming toward me because the driver slammed the brakes. I drove with the required three-car distance between us and, out of nowhere, this distance started shrinking. All I did was look down, looking for my cell phone. It didn’t even take a second before I looked back on the road. It didn’t matter how hard I tried to manure, I hit the truck.”
       “What did you do?”
       “I manured and manured, but it didn’t help.”
       “Honey, manure is not a verb; it is a noun for cow poop. You maneuvered… Though, it does stink when you hit someone on the ice. Oh, my poor girl, you broke your bumper again…
       “It does stink! Ok, ok, maneuvered. Still, not fair to give me a ticket!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts from the Hammock

Just Swing

Frogology